Get certified in technical communication
Employers are in desperate need of qualified technical communicators, with those jobs taking longer to fill than most. The field is projected to grow 12% over the next ten years, which is faster than the overall labor market growth rate.
This eight-week, eight-session course will prepare you for the Certified Professional Technical Communicator (CPTC) Foundation Exam.
Technical communicators work in a wide range of fields, and may not always be identified as a distinct profession. The top occupations requesting this skill are:
- Software developer/engineer
- Business/Management analyst
- Systems analyst
- Network engineer
- Project manager
- IT project manager
Military personnel and veterans are uniquely well-suited to transition to a career in technical communication, because they routinely study and train to use sophisticated equipment in high-risk environments—so they understand the importance of quality instruction and documentation.
This certification preparation course is an ideal way to carve out a niche for yourself within your chosen field as a certified technical communicator.
Technical communication is a broad field and includes any form of communication that exhibits one or more of the following characteristics:
- Communicating about technical or specialized topics, such as computer applications, medical procedures, or environmental regulations
- Communicating about technology, such as web pages, help files, or social media sites
- Providing instructions about how to do something, regardless of how technical the task is or if technology is even used to create or distribute that information
Benefits of Certification
- Increase your marketability by gaining certification
- Gain entry to a technical communication role with the certification
- Add a respected credential to your resumé
- Showcase your certification to advance or switch careers
Who Should Take this Course?
Technical communicators work in every industry. CPTC certification is designed for those who require a working knowledge of the key principles, theory and terminology of effective technical communication.
Whether you are an experienced technical communicator, new to the field, or hoping to switch careers, this course will prepare you for the Certified Professional Technical Communicator Certification Exam. Attendees of this course have typically included technical communicators, individuals in fields who find they often write technical communications, and individuals with no experience in the field who have an interest in it.
What Type of Certifications are Available?
CPTC offers Foundational, Practitioner, and Expert certifications. This course will prepare you to successfully take the Foundational certification exam.
Ben Woelk, CISSP, CPTC, is accredited by APMG as a CPTC trainer. RIT is an Approved Training Organization.
APMG (APM Group) International is the most reputable global accreditation and examination institute, and accredits organizations to deliver training courses and consultancy services for a broad range of professional certification areas.
CPTC™ is a trade mark of the Society for Technical Communication.